Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The bathroom is almost complete!

Another week has gone by and all my good intentions went with it!  Unfortunately I am still sick, and to add to that I am sunburnt.  Unbelievable I know, but pretty typical for me - if theres something going around I have to get it.  My husband took sunday off work (his boss had asked him to come in and my response was not very pleasant!), and we asked his dad to come over to help us put an extension on our back fence and some bamboo reed, that we had bought from bunnings with the last of our engagement vouchers.  I supervised the whole affair, as Im still not suppose to use my right wrist for lifting, and in the process managed to get a nice case of sunburn.  But on the bright side my outdoor decking area is now looking really lovely and I cant wait to have people over for a bbq.  As soon as I get over this damn flu, and my sunburn stops driving me insane I plan to do just that.

Im a little sad sack at the moment, which isnt helped by my husband working overtime every day, so I never get to spend any time with him.  Its funny, Ive been married for 2 weeks now, and nothings changed - life at times still sucks!  : )  I wouldnt mind the overtime so much, except that he doesnt get paid for it!!  So hes spending an extra 15 or so hours at work this week instead of at home with me.  Depressing.  He comes home at night, has a bite to eat, and then falls asleep on the couch.  Very unromantic.  I even tried to make last night romantic and lets just say that didnt work.  He fell asleep and I felt totally unappreciated.

But enough of my whinge - must say it feels good to get it out there though!  I so want a honeymoon, but alas we are broke so that isnt going to happen.  When I say broke, we can afford to pay all our bills, albeit a little late at times, but there is no spare money for doing things around the house, going out, or buying miniatures.

Which brings me to my dilemma.  My bathroom is looking so cute.  As I said last time the bath, toilet and sink arrived, and I have put everything in and it looks great.




Im not set on the little bath mat - that just came with the shower and I am yet to make a replacement.  But other than that I am really happy.  The last thing I need is some little rails - a towel rail and a toilet roll holder.  However having no money prevents buying these things.  Hence my dilemma.  I can try making them, but I must say my confidence in mini making is pretty much zip right now.  I follow lots of talented ladies blogs and am a member of several yahoo groups, and all the work I see just reinforces how bad my own work is!  I know it all comes with experience and practice, but I think Ive scared myself out of even trying.  So as bad as this sounds, can someone please tell me a bad experience they have had with mini making, so that I can convince myself that everyone had troubles at the start.  Im sure people think back to what it was like when they first started and laugh, so I just need to get over this hurdle and get on with it.

I am happy however with the little bottles I made for my cupboards.  You can see a close up below of the items on my shelving.


The other items were all bought off ebay, but I can proudly say the little bottles are mine.  I had such fun making them that I think I may have gone a little over board!!!


I think I made about 60 - oops!  They were fun, and there are so many different combinations you can create.  So I think I can create my own perfume store now!!!  But since I really dont need this many, I am considering selling them on ebay.  I here people talking about etsy alot, but I am not familiar with it or how it works, so Ill try ebay first and see how that goes.  I will of course be saving some for my one-stop wedding boutique, if I just can pick which colour range to go with!

I also have my towel design to show you for the bathroom, that will go on the towel rack, when I eventually get one.


Its very simple, with just a little bit of green trim and lace, but will go perfectly with my bathroom design and colours.  I have noticed though that towels dont quite seem to be in 1/12th scale.  The one pictured above is exactly 1/12th scale - I know because I measured our towels!!  But I received a free towel with my shower and that it is quite small in comparison to the one Ive made.  So Im quite confused!  At this stage I think I may need to make a new towel when I get a towel rail, but now that I know what I want that shouldnt be too hard.

Thats all from me for now.  Hopefully I will accomplish something mini in the next week to report on, so stay tuned!  xx

2 comments:

  1. So lovely bathroom Kate,I love it! Mini regards from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, I can't imagine how much work it took to make these tiny miniatures. Doll house Miniature tiny bathroom set in porcelain

    ReplyDelete