Friday, October 1, 2010

7 days to go & a new dollhouse to renovate!!!!

Well were now only 7 days out from the wedding and my nerves are kicking in!  But not for the normal reasons.... mainly Im nervous about how I will cope on the day without my mum there.  Its really sad for me.  But besides that Im having a little bit of a panic as I ordered some beautiful jewellery from overseas and it still hasnt arrived!!!  And the post office are so unhelpful!  They are holding it at theyre mail centre but wont tell me why or when it will be released.  And theyve already have it for 2 weeks and failed to inform me.  So Im really upset and annoyed, and it has really stressed me out as I may now have no jewellery for my wedding day.  We cant afford to buy something else at the last minute, so I have no idea what I am going to do.

But on the bright side I grabbed myself a bargain on ebay today.  Much to my fiance's dismay I bought another dollhouse!!  And it is just beautiful.  Im a very happy woman. 


Its alot bigger than my current project, but it is another half-finished project.  The lady I bought it off has put so much time and effort into building it from scratch, but she is upgrading to an even bigger one for Christmas, so she had to sell this one.


Isnt is gorgeous?!?!?!  It measures 125cm by 48cm, and is 80cm high.  And as you can see it all opens up - the middle panel is held on by magnets, which I thought was really clever. 


With 3 lovely floors to work on I have lots of room for a big family to move in!  It needs a little structural work, some dividing walls, a couple of sets of stairs, and a few windows and doors finished and it will be ready to roll.  As you can see on the middle left a room has been started and I will need to decide whether to continue or to start afresh.

Im so excited about my new house!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just love how the front has been designed and see endless potential, and lots of fun for several years.  But it leaves me with a big question now.... what do I do with my current project.  Do I continue with the ideas I originally had for it, with the view to move any major pieces of furniture over to the new house when the current house is fully completed.  Or do I do two completely different themes/styles.  Or do I make the new "dream" house into a one-stop bridal store, complete with reception centre.

Craig has told me in no uncertain terms that I am not allowed to touch the new house until renovations on the original house are complete.  So I have told him that this weekend he is helping me construct a wall, to make a seperate nursery and study.  He just looked at me - but having a fractured wrist has its advantages - he cant say no!!!  So I will stand and watch and probably yell instructions while I nurse my wrist, and he will do all the hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment