Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sanding is complete!!

Well the electric sander came out and that was it I lost my dollhouse to my fiance! 


But I shouldnt complain, he likes to play with tools (as do I) and he seemed to really enjoy doing it.  Craig just had to use both sanders - in his words the mouse does the corners perfectly.  Oh well.  So after having a little go myself I left him to it and browsed the many books and magazines I have on miniatures thinking about what I could do next.  My poor babies didnt understand what all the noise was about, as you can see below.


So they sniffed them out to make sure they were ok for use!  As pictured above, Chloe is in the background - she is a shitzu cross cavaleir, while benji in the foreground is a maltese cross shitzu.  They are my babies and I love them to death.  They have gotten me through some rough days with lots of kisses and cuddles and I think of them as an important part of my family.  They are like my kids (which helps take the sting out of trying for almost a year know with no success), and they often come with us on day trips and everytime we go to visit my dad.

Unfortunately as they are still so young (6 months) they also like to play with everything, and when we went away for a night about a month ago and left them home they managed to get into our study/craft room and proceed to destroy quite a lot.  I couldnt stay made at them long, even though they did take a bottle of craft glue and proceed to chew the top of it off and leave it to empty on our bed.  I think that was their way of telling us we are not to go away without them again.

So anyway (yes I do get sidetracked!) after about an hour my bathroom is sanded and ready to go.


So now I am off to Bunnings and Spotlight (my favourite stores!!!  For those o/s bunnings is our local hardware store that has absolutley everything and spotlight is our local craft store) to pick up some undercoat/sealer paint, some timber to have a go at making my own window frames and some material for miniature towels, curtains and maybe even a rug.  Then we plan to drop round at my inlaws (who are o/s at the moment) and borrow their tile cutter to see if you can cut mini tiles to fit that doorway space.  Im not holding my breath that it will work but theres no harm in giving it a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment