Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bad day, followed by a worse day

So yesterday was a bad day.  Bad day at work, then a bad night when I got home.  So I went to sleep, and told my fiance that he should call in sick for me today because I just knew something would go wrong.  Now why I didnt trust my instinct I could now kick myself for! 

I am coming down with a cold, so was feeling pretty lousy when I woke up.  Off I went to work and I warned them that I wasnt feeling the best.  So I went about my job, thankfully fluffing pillows (no I am not joking) which required little thought. 

Half way through the day a shelf collapsed on me.  Onto my right arm to be exact.  So off to the doctor I went, and 9 x-rays later, and I have a hairline fracture on my wrist.  So I am down my dominant hand!  And two and a half weeks out from my wedding day.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  No cast at this point.  And Im hoping I wont have to get one.  My arm is however in a sling, so no work for the next few days. 

And as nice as it is to have a few days rest time (since I am actually getting sick, and all the stress of organising the wedding in such a short time by myself while working full time is making me suffer from exhaustion) I cant do anything without my right hand.  So my dolls house is looking at me and I am trying to figure out what I can do with my few days off without hurting my wrist any further.

So for the time being I will scour ebay for some bargains and plan what to do in my nursery, which I have deceided will be the next room I tackle.

No comments:

Post a Comment